Poco is now an independent company. leading smartphone manufacturer brand in the budget segment and they launched Poco X2 a few days back. Poco X2 comes with World’s first 120Hz display in under 250$. Poco X2 is enough powerful device is powered with Qualcomm Snapdragon SDM730G. But if you want to make your Poco X2 more powerful then you can root your smartphone and boost up your device ask me How to Unlock Bootloader on Poco X2.
What is Bootloader?
Why Xiaomi or other company locked their device Bootloader?
Manufacturers lock the bootloader of their devices so that only the operating system installed on the device can be used.
Quick Overview of Poco X2
The PocoX2 smartphone is powered by the Qualcomm snapdragon SDM730G Snapdragon730G (7 nm), the processor that features 1 core clocked at 2.42GHz and 1 core clocked at 2.2GHz and 6 cores at 1.8GHz all the cores are Kyro 475. It comes with 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 12GB. It runs on the latest Android 10 with the MIUI Poco version. The Poco X2 has Adreno 620 (700MHz) for better graphics performance. In the front, the device has a Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen 6.7-inch display with a resolution of 1080×2400 and an aspect ratio of 20:9 with 402PPI.
The device sports a Quad-camera set-up at the back with the 64MP sensor (f/1.8)+ 8MP f/2.2 (ultrawide), 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, macro sensor, with 2MP depth sensor. in the front, you get a single 20MP f/2.0 aperture waterdrop notch camera.
Some of the features of the camera of Poco X2 are LED flash, HDR, panorama, and offers video recording 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240fps, and superslow motion 720@960fps. Moreover, the device has a side-mounted fingerprint sensor. The Poco X2 packs a battery capacity of 4500 mAh that supports 27W USB-C fast charging
The process to unlock the bootloader of Poco X2
- Do make sure you enable Developer Options (Settings > About Phone > tap MIUI Version 7 times to enable Developer Mod)
- Now turn on OEM Unlocking go to (Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > check OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging)
- Initially, your phone bootloader is locked
- Connect your Poco X2 to your PC via USB, and launch an ADB terminal
- Do make sure that your ADB recognizes your Xiaomi phone by typing ‘ADB devices’
- Now you need permission to unlock the bootloader, Xiaomi provides a token number this process may take a couple of days.
- After getting the permission Sign in to your Mi account and apply for an unlock code from Xiaomi.
- Download the official Mi Unlock Tool onto your PC.
- Turn off your phone and put it into Fastboot mode by holding (Volume Down + Power)
- Then launch Mi Unlock Tool, and log in to your Mi account.
- Before starting with the Mi bootloader unlocking process, tap on the top-right gear icon to check the update for both USB driver and Mi Unlock Tool.
- As instructed on the app screen, switch off your smartphone. Take a moment and hold the power button and lower volume button simultaneously. This will open up the fast boot mode in your MIUI device. Now, connect the phone with the computer via USB cable. once you connected click the unlock button and it will be started the unlocking process.
- At the first attempt, you may be failed to unlock. It will show you do again after 168 hours later. Do this again.
- The best thing you can do is wait patiently and once the unlock period is over, again use the Mi unlock tool and hopefully, unlock the bootloader of your MIUI device.
You have done the unlock the process of bootloader of Poco X2. How to Install TWRP on Poco X2
Risks of unlocking Mi Devices?
● After the device is unlocked, it becomes less secure and more vulnerable to malware attacks, which may lead to the disclosure and loss of your private data.
● Anyone can flash your device ROM easily.
● Some features which require high-security level (e.g., Find device, banking apps, added-value services, etc.) will no longer be available.
Leave a Comment