Here is the complete guide of unlocking the bootloader of the Nokia 7.2 & Nokia 6.2 mobile. Nokia didn’t make any official process for unlocking the bootloader. But the developer finds the way of unlocking bootloader. How to Unlock the bootloader of Nokia 7.2 & Nokia 6.2 unlock your Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 6.2 via ADB Fastboot.
If you like to use root your device or Also, rooting allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc First thing you should unlock your phone Bootloader
A quick overview of Nokia 7.2 & Nokia 6.2
The Nokia 7.2 is a 6.3” phone with a 1080x2340p resolution display. The Mediatek Helio G90T chipset is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The rear cameras are 64+8+2+2MP and the selfie camera is 8MP. The battery has a 4500mAh capacity.
The Nokia 7.2 is a 6.3” phone with a 1080x2280p resolution display. The Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 chipset is paired with 4GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The rear cameras are 48+8+5MP and the selfie camera is 20MP. The battery has a 3500mAh capacity.
What is bootloader and Why unlocked it?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance.
By unlocking bootloader you can customize your phone in various ways. A unlock bootloader allows you to modify the system image through recover. not only root the smartphone to gain admin privileges, but also install a different ROM which can change the smartphone experience.
Advantage and Disadvantage of Unlocking Bootloader
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
How to unlock the bootloader on Any Nokia Android phones?
This whole tutorial can be applied to any Nokia Android smartphones such as Nokia 2, Nokia 2.1, Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 2018), Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 8 and Nokia X71. In addition to these, the Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 7.1
- To Unlock Bootloader on Nokia 7.2 and 6.2 smartphones, you need a laptop or PC.
- Make sure to keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least for a smoother process.
- It is highly recommended you to take a complete backup of your device’s internal data. All of your device data will delete.
- You need a USB cable to connect your device with PC.
How to Unlock bootloader of Nokia 7.2 & Nokia 6.2
Get unlock key
Bootloader unlock key is an encrypted file containing an encrypted string that gives the unlock permission. You can use the unlock key if your phone is in July 2018 or an older update.
Enable OEM unlock
For OEM unlocking Go to Settings > System> Developer options on your Nokia Android smartphone and enable OEM Unlocking.
Boot to bootloader mode
Now go to bootloader mode, for entering into bootloader mode-
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect the USB cable to the device
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power key together till you reach the screen reads that reads “Download mode”.
- Now, download the platform-tools (ADB and Fastboot tools) from the download section above and extract it.
- Turn off your phone and connect it to your PC via a USB cable.
- Now press and hold Power + Volume Down keys together to enter Fastboot mode.
- Open the CMD or command prompt by pressing the Shift + Right-click combination on the same folder where you have extracted the contents of the ADB and Fastboot Tools.
- Type in the below commands in the CMD and press Enter;
- The above command will show you the list of devices connected to the PC. In case your device’s serial number is not listed, then you need to reinstall the USB drivers and retry again.
- Now, if the phone is listed, type the below command to proceed;
fastboot flashing unlock
- You will get a confirmation prompt on your screen.
- Navigate to Unlock the bootloader option via Volume keys.
- Finally, press the Power key to confirm to unlock the bootloader.
How to unlock critical partitions
- Turn OFF your Nokia device.
- Boot into the Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable.
- Enter the below command to unlock the critical partition:
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- You will get a confirmation prompt on your device’s screen.
- Navigate via the Volume Keys to choose the “Unlock the Bootloader” option and select using the Power keys.
- Note that all the data on your device will be wiped off.
- Once the device boots up, set up your device.
Now you have down the bootloader unlock process of Nokia 7.2 and Nokia 6.2, Now you can install a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM. Can install Custom ROMs or install restricted apps, mod apps, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc
Leave a Reply