Here is the complete guide of unlocking bootloader of Nokia 4.2 mobile. Nokia didn’t make any official processor for unlocking bootloader. But the developer find the way of unlocking bootloader. How to Unlock bootloader of Nokia 4.2 & Nokia 3.2
Why unlock bootloader?
By unlocking bootloader you can customized your phone in a various way. A unlock bootloader allows you to modify the system image through recover. not only root the smartphone to gain admin privileges, but also install a different ROM which can change the smartphone experience.
How to unlock the bootloader on Nokia Android phones?
This whole tutorial can be applied on any Nokia Android smartphones such as Nokia 2, Nokia 2.1, Nokia 5, Nokia 6, Nokia 6.1 (Nokia 6 2018), Nokia 6.1 Plus, Nokia 7, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 8 and Nokia X71. In addition to these, the Nokia 8 Sirocco and Nokia 7.1
- All data on your device will be erased. So, backup all important data before unlocking the bootloader.
- Your warranty may be void. So, know in advance the risk you’re taking.
Seemore: Galaxy A50 Gets Night Mode
How to Unlock bootloader of Nokia 4.2 & Nokia 3.2
Get unlock key
Bootloader unlock key is an encrypted file containing an encrypted string which gives the unlock permission. You can use the unlock key if your phone is on July 2018 or an older update.
Enable OEM unlock
For OEM unlocking Go to Settings > System> Developer options on your Nokia Android smartphone and enable OEM Unlocking.
Boot to bootloader mode
Now go to bootloader mode, for entering into bootloader mode-
- Turn off your phone.
- Connect the USB cable to the device
- Press and hold Volume Down + Power key together till you reach the screen reads that reads “Download mode”.
The final step is to connect the Nokia phone to the PC and send the bootloader unlock command along with the unlock key which you acquired earlier. Here are the details:
- Ensure that your Nokia smartphone is detected by fastboot by running:
- If your device is detected, then send the following command:
Note: Replace UnlockFile.bin with the name or full path of your unlock file.
fastboot flash unlock UnlockFile.bin
- Now send the command to unlock the bootloader.
fastboot oem unlock-go
- On some Nokia devices, you will receive a bootloader unlock confirmation prompt. It looks like the following. Use the volume keys to select “Unlock the bootloader” and then press the power key to confirm.
- Complete critical unlock – Allows bootloader to be re-flashed. Your device will be wiped again.
fastboot flash unlock UnlockFile.bin fastboot flashing unlock_critical
- It will take a few moments to wipe all data on the device and unlock the bootloader. Be patient as the process completes.
This the complete process of unlocking bootloader for Nokia 4.2 and you can apply this method on others nokia devices.
Leave a Comment