Xioami is now leading smartphone manufacturer brand in the budget segment and they launched Redmi Note 8 pro a few days back. The Redmi Note 8 pro is enough powerful device is powered with Mediatek Helio G90T. G90T is a gaming processor and it is pretty much capable of running games in the high settings. But if you want to make your Redmi note 8 pro more powerful then you can root your smartphone and boost up your device ask me How to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 8 pro.
A quick Overview of Redmi Note 8 pro
The Redmi Note 8 Pro is a 6.53” phone with a 1080x2340p resolution display. The Mediatek Helio G90T chipset is paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage. The rear cameras are 64+8+2+2MP and the selfie camera is 20MP. The battery has a 4500mAh capacity.
How to Root Redmi Note 8 pro
Requirements for root your device.
- ADB and Firstboot drivers for your windows/mac pcs
- Xiaomi USB drivers.
- MI Account.
- Official MI Unlock Tool.
- Download TWRP 188.8.131.52.0 Image for Redmi note 8 Pro.
- Disable _DM-verify_ForceEncrypt.zip.
- Latest Magisk 20.1
Before you start the process you should transfer Disable Force Encryption Treble and latest Magisk file into your external file manager so that after install twrp you can navigate the external file storage and install those files.
The process to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 8 pro
- Do make sure you enable Developer Options (Settings > About Phone > tap MIUI Version 7 times to enable Developer Mod)
- Now turn on OEM Unlocking go to (Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > check OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging)
- Connect your Redmi Note 8 to your PC via USB, and launch an ADB terminal
- Do make sure that your ADB recognizes your Xiaomi phone by typing ‘ADB devices’
- Now you need permission to unlock boot loader, Xiaomi provides a token number this process may take a couple of days.
- After getting the permission Sign in to your Mi account and apply for an unlock code from Xiaomi.
- Download the official Mi Unlock Tool onto your PC.
- Turn of your phone and put it into Fastboot mode by holding (Volume Down + Power)
- Then launch Mi Unlock Tool, and log in to your Mi account.
- Now follow the unlock tools instruction and complete the process, and reboot your phone when done.
You have done the process of requesting from Xiaomi. How to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 8 pro
How to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter.
- ADB reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- fastboot devices
- For install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter
- fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- For boot, you can use the command
- fastboot boot twrpname.img.
- Now you have successfully installed twrp in your Redmi Note 8 pro.
How to Root Your Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Download the Latest Version Magisk 19.3.zip and saved it into phone storage of the device.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP (Press and hold volume up and power button together)
- For more security make a Nandroid Backup.
- Flash Magisk 19.3 and No_verify_opt_encrypt.ZIP via install method.
- And reboot the system.
- now you successfully rooted.
Congratulations now you have successfully rooted your Redmi note 8 pro (begonia) device. Now you can install the Xposed Framework, and customize your device. But remember one thing please read the process and download all the files.