Redmi just launched its new budget lineup device Redmi Note 7/7s successor Redmi note 8. This article is based on rooting your Redmi note 8 devices. In this article, we are complete guiding you, Here you will know How to Install TWRP and Root Redmi Note 8.
A quick Overview of Redmi Note 8
The Redmi Note 8 is a 6.3” phone with a 1080x2340p resolution display. Qualcomm Snapdragon SD665 SoC chipset is paired with 4GB of RAM and max 128GB of storage. The rear cameras are 48+8+2+2MP and the selfie camera is 13MP. The battery has a 4000mAh capacity.
How to Root on Redmi Note 8
- Make sure the Redmi Note 8 bootloader is unlocked
- Take a full backup of your phone
- Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager APK
- Install ADB & Fastboot driver on your PC
- ADB and Firstboot drivers for your windows/mac pcs
- Xiaomi USB drivers.
- MI Account.
- Official MI Unlock Tool.
- Download TWRP Image for Redmi note 8.
- Disable _DM-verify_ForceEncrypt.zip.
- Latest Magisk
If you don’t know how to unlock the bootloader of Redmi devices check here.
How to Install TWRP on Redmi Note 8.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter.
- ADB reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device connected or not:
- fastboot devices
- For install TWRP Recovery on your phone, type the following command and press enter
- fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- For boot, you can use the command
- fastboot boot twrpname.img.
- Now you have successfully installed twrp in your Redmi Note 8.
How to Install Magisk on Your Redmi Note 8
- Download the Latest Version Magisk 19.3.zip and saved it into phone storage of the device.
- Reboot your phone into TWRP (Press and hold volume up and power button together)
- For more security make a Nandroid Backup.
- Flash Magisk 19.3 and No_verify_opt_encrypt.ZIP via install method.
- And reboot the system.
- now you successfully rooted.
Congratulations now you have successfully rooted your Redmi note 8 (Ginkgo) device. Now you can install the Xposed Framework, and customize your device. But remember one thing please read the process and download all the files.