In today’s online environment, the rudimentary “username and password” approach to security is easy prey for cybercriminals. Many log-ins can be compromised in minutes, and private data (such as personal and financial details) is under increasing threat. this article for How to Enable Two Factor Authentication on Instagram
What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor (2FA) or multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an additional security layer for your business – helping to address the vulnerabilities of a standard password-only approach. As far as single-factor authentication services go, user ID and password are not the most secure. One problem with password-based authentication is it requires knowledge and diligence to create and remember strong passwords. How to Enable Two Factor Authentication on Facebook
How does Two-Factor Authentication work?
When you sign in to your account, you will be prompted to authenticate with your user name and password. This becomes your first authentication factor.
For the second authentication factor, you can use a One-Time Password (OTP) token, an SMS sent to your mobile phone, a USB or key fob (e.g. something you have). When combined with your user name and password, the result is a stronger and more resilient layer of security.
Taking this extra step in the authentication process not only frustrates hackers but also reduces your risk of becoming a victim of fraud or identity theft.
How to Setup Two-Factor Authentification for Instagram APP and Instagram Web
2FA adds an extra layer of shield to your account. Thus, even if someone is able to steal your password, the master key will still be with you. Once you have set up 2FA for your social accounts
Setup Two-Factor Authentification for Instagram on iOS and Instagram Device
1. Open the Instagram app on your mobile device > tap on the profile tab and then head into the Settings.Images source Beebom.com
2. Now, tap on Security and choose the Two-factor authentication option.
3. Next, tap on the Get Started and then choose your desired security method as per your convenience. After that, follow the instruction to enable the two-factor authentication for your Instagram account.
Setup Two-Factor Authentification for Facebook Web
1. Open a web browser on your device and head over to instagram.com. After that, log in to your account and then click on the profile tab at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Now, click on the Settings icon located near your profile picture.
3. A menu will pop up on the screen with multiple options, choose Privacy and Security.
4. Next, scroll down a bit and click on Edit Two-Factor Authentication Setting.
5. Finally, select your preferred security method and then follow the instructions to add the extra layer of safeguard to your Instagram account.
This how you can protect your social Handel to prevent from cybercriminals activity if you faced any problem regarding doing this process do let us know in the comments down below.