In today’s online environment, the rudimentary “username and password” approach to security is easy prey for cyber criminals. Many log-ins can be compromised in minutes, and private data (such as personal and financial details) is under increasing threat. this article for How to Enable Two Factor Authentication on Facebook
What is two-factor authentication?
Two-factor (2FA) or multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an additional security layer for your business – helping to address the vulnerabilities of a standard password-only approach. As far as single-factor authentication services go, user ID and password are not the most secure. One problem with password-based authentication is it requires knowledge and diligence to create and remember strong passwords. How to Enable Two Factor Authentication on Facebook
How does Two-Factor Authentication work?
When you sign in to your account, you will be prompted to authenticate with your user name and password. This becomes your first authentication factor.
For the second authentication factor, you can use a One-Time Password (OTP) token, an SMS sent to your mobile phone, a USB or key fob (e.g. something you have). When combined with your user name and password, the result is a stronger and more resilient layer of security.
Taking this extra step in the authentication process not only frustrates hackers but also reduces your risk of becoming a victim of fraud or identity theft.
SeeMore: What Is Camera HAL3?
How to Setup Two-Factor Authentification for Facebook APP and Facebook Web
2FA adds an extra layer of shield to your account. Thus, even if someone is able to steal your password, the master key will still be with you. Once you have set up 2FA for your social accounts
Setup Two-Factor Authentification for Facebook on iOS and Android Device
1. On your mobile device, open Facebook > tap on the More button (three horizontal lines) and then head into the Settings.Images source Beebom.com
2. Under the Security section, tap on Security and login option.
3. Now, tap on Use two-factor authentication and hit Get Started on the next screen.
4. Then, choose a preferred security method and tap on Continue. Next up, follow the instructions to set the two-factor authentication for your Facebook account.
Setup Two-Factor Authentification for Facebook Web
you can also set up Two-Factor Authentification your Facebook web version, let’s check how to do that.
1. Open a web browser on your computer and head over to facebook.com. After that, sign in to your account and click on the tiny downward arrow at the top right corner of the screen. Then, choose Settings in the menu.
2. Under the General section in the sidebar, click on Security and login.
3. Next, click on Use Two-Factor authentication.
4. Next up, click on Get Started and then follow the instructions to set up two-factor authentication for Facebook.
This how you can protect your social Handel to prevent from cybercriminals activity if you faced any problem regarding doing this process do let us know in the comments down below.